Best Laid Plans
Monday, April 30, 2012
WHAT I PLANNED FOR LAST NIGHT/TODAY:
- 1. Think of a good subject & write Monday’s blog.
- 2. Get kids to bed early.
- 3. Go to sleep by 10pm.
- 4. Sleep restfully in my bed.
- 5. Wake up at 5am.
- 6. Exercise.
- 7. Allow my great mood to influence my children as they wake and prepare for school.
- 8. Finish my writing assignment.
- 9. Help husband with work.
- 10. Get Tuesday’s blog ready.
WHAT I WOUND UP DOING LAST NIGHT/TODAY:
- 1. Can’t think of anything to write about. Click a lot of “likes” on Facebook instead.
- 2. Get 2 kids to bed early. Then fall asleep in my son’s bed, trying to get HIM to sleep. Wake up when he is finally ready to sleep, an hour later.
- 3. Head to bed at 10… then get re-routed to Racheli’s room, where she has thrown up all over her bed.
- 4. Spend the next 2+ hours with Racheli as she barfs & writhes in pain, etc.
- 5. Sleep uncomfortably with 2 little knees poking into my back.
- 6. Wake up at 6:15 to the words, “Ima, my stomach hurts.”
- 7. Keep the bucket handy for Racheli while waking and getting the other 2 ready for school.
- 8. Yell at Yehuda for stealing, chewing, then spitting onto the floor an entire pack of gum.
- 9. Try to figure out how to get any work done, for me or my husband, while Racheli is still here and not feeling well.
- 10. Write this blog.
Sheva (BatSheva Vaknin)