Posts Tagged ‘New York’
Awww… I just found this list I banged out a few months ago, and I thought I’d better share it with all of you, since you probably have no clue when you’re stressed (vs. when you’re just happy go lucky).
You are welcome.
So here goes… YOU KNOW YOU ARE STRESSED WHEN:
- You have a flash-fantasy of leaving home and running away to Paris
- Your back spasms to the point of 4-Advil pain and three+ day immobility
- Your back thigh muscle Charlie-horses on you
- You dream of writing a “You Know You’re Stressed When” list and actually sneak to the computer to write it while your husband is putting the kids to bed & you are supposed to be doing the dishes
- You are crazy tired
- You think of all the things you need to get done and decide the most important thing is to watch Grey’s Anatomy episodes back to back (thanks to the wonders of Hulu)
- You eat too much chocolate
- You eat too much cake
- You go out and buy chocolate or cake so you can eat it
- You get in a giant ugly fight with your husband (his fault, natch, but why does he keep blaming me?)
- You can’t take a deep breath
- You’ve started to gain weight again
- The thought that ‘the worst possible outcome is death,’ actually has a reassuring and calming effect
- You start comparing yourself to other people, your husband/relationship to their husband/relationship, and your income/financial stability to theirs
- You inadvertently sigh with relief when you find out someone you thought had a perfect husband/relationship/job/financial life is actually experiencing chaos in that area of life
- The piles of papers and crap on your home office are rivaling the towers of papers and crap that still need to be sorted in your office-office
- You are exhausted so you stay up until 1am or later watching too many Law & Orders.
As it turns out, I’m presently traveling through a healthier (physically & mentally) phase of life right now – yippee! – but that doesn’t mean I can’t remember those recent stressier days.
P.S. you probably won’t hear from me again until Monday because I’m going to NYC tomorrow – without my husband & kids, WHOO-HOO! Um, I mean, uh… sniff, wipe tear, whoo hoo…
P.P.S. I told my husband that I don’t drink alcohol and I’m not even eating desserts right now so the main thing I’m looking forward to, going to the Big City on my own, free, no children to stop me, is…. SLEEPING.
Hey, a Grownup Girl’s gotta do what a Grownup Girl’s gotta do! (to get herself some beauty rest)
Sheva (BatSheva Vaknin)