THE TIME IS NOW
Google Analytics is a funny thing. Funny, as in, “Ha, ha, ha, 24 people visited my website today! And at least 5 of those visits were me!”
In other words, people, it’s time…
…For me – to bribe YOU – to help get the good Grownup Girl word out!
I have one brilliant artist friend, Alexis Berman, who promoted her lovely fashion blog by giving away her hand-crafted, be-jeweled, headbands to anyone who emailed her blog with a personal recommendation to at least 20 friends/family & bcc-ed her on the email. I complied, and received a lovely package filled with incredible headbands that only took my daughters 2 weeks to completely destroy.
Note to self: buy a safe with a lock and keep future be-jeweled headbands in there. And put your money there too,your son has some pretty sticky fingers these days.
Then there is the brilliant professor and writer friend of mine, Hugo Schwyzer, who has built up his loyal following of fans, detractors and students over the years and now boasts thousands of readers flocking to his various blogs & websites every day (most popular being www.HugoSchwyzer.com, www.TheGoodMenProject.com, and www.Jezebel.com). A mere mention of one of my blogs by Hugo in one of his blogs leads to what I’ve dubbed “The Hugo Bump” – my Google Analytics shoot up past one hundred visits per day!
His fans don’t seem to be returning, however, since the following days my numbers generally revert to the boring old double digits. I’ve thought about putting Hugo Schwyzer-relevant material in every blog to continue to draw his fan base over, but the thought of writing about penises and vaginas in EVERY blog just makes me tired.
So in a last-ditch attempt (oh who am I kidding – it’s a first ditch attempt! I’m sure they’ll be plenty more times I’ll grovel before you, begging you to spread the good word) to increase the popularity of www.TheGrownupGirl.com, I offer you, gentle readers, the following proposition:
Email an energetic & heartfelt recommendation to 20 or more of your friends/family & bcc-me on the email AND ask your Facebook friends to LIKE the nascent “The Grownup Girl” Facebook Page here https://www.facebook.com/TheGrownupGirl, and I will thank you by doing the following:
1. Kiss you (if you are my husband).
2. Write you a haiku (if you are not my husband).
3. Upon your request, write your boyfriend/girlfriend a haiku.*
a. (*you are free to take all the credit)
4. For my fellow Leos: I will thank you, publicly, in a blog, and then thank you again when I win my first Emmy™ for Best Writing in a Television Comedy.
5. For the shy ones: I will thank you, in a heartfelt personal note (email), and then I will refer to you anonymously/by your initials only when I write my sure-to-be bestselling memoir some day.
6. For the materialistic ones/coffee addicts: I will give you a Starbucks Gift Card pre-loaded with five bucks. And I will not even ask you to buy me a coffee with it!
7. And finally, for anyone who gets the word out to a hundred or more people, I’ll either buy you a massage or I’ll give you one myself. (Yeah, the husband thing again.)
My email is sheva@TheGrownupGirl.com…
So get going, get the GrownupGirl word out, and get ready to be showered with gifts, haikus and compliments!!
Sheva (BatSheva Vaknin)